Cotton Fabrics: Recycling Technology
SUMMARY: Over the past 20 years, recycling has increasingly become an intrinsic part of our everyday language. Yet while recycling continues to grow, there is still one industry slow to embark on the reuse journey: textiles and apparel. In the U.S. alone, 14.3 million tons of textile waste was created last year, while only 2.3 million tons of it was recycled. EvRnu has developed a unique technology to recycle cotton garment waste that would have been destined for landfill to create premium, renewable fiber.
BIO: Stacy Flynn is the CEO and Co-Founder of EvRnu. She is a textile and apparel specialist with a BS in Textile Development and Marketing from the Fashion Institute of Technology and an MBA in Sustainable Systems from Pinchot University. She is actively reinventing the textile and apparel business model to dramatically reduce the use of natural resources and eliminate waste. With a background working in both start-ups and large multi-national corporations, Stacy leveraged her diverse experience to develop her fiber Technology company, EvRnu.
Links for Learning More:
1. The EvRnu company home page: http://www.evrnu.com/#intro
2. Explanation of the EvRnu technology: http://www.evrnu.com/technology/
3. This Startup Takes Your Old Clothes And Makes Completely New Thread From Them http://www.fastcoexist.com/3051183/this-startup-takes-your-old-clothes-and-makes-completely-new-thread-from-them
4. Clothing Will Save US, TedX Olympia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoIfcCbAs7o
5. Revolutionizing the Global Textile Industry https://www.nrdc.org/international/files/revolutionizing.pdf
7. Where does discarded clothing go? The Atlantic Monthly. http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/07/where-does-discarded-clothing-go/374613/