Low Impact Development Manual for Schools
LID Technical Assistance for Student Engineers
Sustainability Ambassadors created the Stormwater Master Campus Planning Manual for schools as a curriculum-based engineering, science and policy guide for how to construct and maintain green infrastructure and other Low Impact Develop techniques on school property. It was developed in collaboration with Cascade Design Collaborative with Funding support from Tahoma School District and the State Farm Youth Advisory Board. Adapted from the LID Technical Guidance Manual for Puget Sound developed by the WSU Puyallup Stormwater Research Center and the Puget Sound Partnership, the manual is designed in modular units for replication in other cities and school districts.
Explore and download the chapters below.
- WSU Puyallup LID Research Program
- The Puget Sound Partnership
- King County
- Legal Requirements for Every City
- Curriculum Integration - Tahoma School District
- What the Law Actually Says
- Set Goals, Parameters and Constraints
- Site Analysis
- Schematic Design - Concept Plans
- Design Development
- Construction Documentation
- Construction Administration/Maintenance Oversight